We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced worker to connect, promote and develop culturally appropriate crisis response services to ethnic survivors of sexual violence.
This is the first time there has been a national role such as this in Aotearoa New Zealand, and you will be part of shaping future national sexual violence responses for ethnic communities.
This new position has a national focus. You will be liaising with the new Sexual Violence Response service for ethnic communities and other mainstream sexual violence crisis response organisations to support contact and referrals from ethnic people. You will have excellent relationship building skills, a strong understanding of good clinical practice for ethnic survivors, an ability to think strategically and the skills to support and connect people in crisis to appropriate support.
This is a fixed term position until July 2020. We anticipate that the learnings from this new position will be used to develop further crisis response work for ethnic communities, and that this will look different in future years.
You will be based in a supportive and vibrant team at Shama Hamilton Ethnic Women’s Centre. The Centre is also the base of the new Sexual Violence Response service (to be launched in September). In this new national role, you will be directly responsible for:
- Providing remote short term support for sexual violence crisis clients, and connecting them to appropriate sexual violence crisis response services
- Developing relationships with key sexual violence crisis response services, including Rape Crisis centres, Auckland Help and Wellington Help, and Safe to Talk
- Providing support for mainstream crisis response services to meet the needs of ethnic clients in culturally appropriate ways
- Developing and documenting good practice in crisis response for ethnic communities
- Developing and delivering training in being culturally responsive for mainstream crisis response services
- Maintaining accurate records on client database and managing data collection system.
- Analysing and documenting the demand and requirements for a specialist sexual violence crisis response service for ethnic communities
- Networking and maintaining good relations with other service providers and stakeholders.
The key skills required for this role are:
- of Social Work or related qualification with at least 3 years experience
- Current professional body registration
- Experience working with ethnic communities.
- Experience of working with survivors of sexual violence
- Knowledge and understanding of sexual violence and related Legislation.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, good judgement and flexibility.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Full NZ drivers Licence
- Clean NZ Police checks
For any queries, please call (07) 843 3811. Applications close Friday, 9 August at 5pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- social work/therapeutic: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor Degree (Required)
- The candidate can work permanently with no restriction on hours (Required)