VACANCY – COMMUNITY CONNECTOR
30 TO 37.5 HOURS FLEXIBLE
FIXED-TERM (1 year)
Shama, Ethnic Women’s Trust is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic Community Connector to support the welfare needs of ethnic people and families to keep safe while isolating at home / in the community. This also includes supporting individuals and families post-self-isolation, and others who have not been infected, but have been impacted by COVID-19 in different ways.
The Community Connector also assists Social Workers to provide quality services to clients and provides connection service to Shama clients.
The Community Connector will work alongside the social services team in Shama, and other community development workers to ensure that the response is effective and accurate.
The requirements for this role are:
- Understanding the experience of ethnic women and communities from a range of backgrounds living in New Zealand.
- Necessary immigration status and documentation to work in New Zealand.
- Full Driver Licence and 3+ years of driving experience
- Covid vaccinated
- Ability to promote ethnic women’s issues.
- Understanding and valuing cultural differences.
- Ability to prioritise competing demands so that deadlines are met.
- Experience in working with people from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
- Well-developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills using English.
- Computer skills.
- Experience using multiple communications tools, including social media channels, Zoom and email.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, good judgement and flexibility.
- Ability to pass Clean NZ Police checks
If you feel you fulfil the above requirements, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org A Job description is also available for this role.
For any queries, please call (07) 843 3811. Applications close Sunday, 25 September.