Shama is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced person to support our Multicultural Holiday Programme at a Primary School in Melville, Hamilton. The position is casual, and you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the School Holiday Programme, facilitating a variety of sporting, craft and recreational activities for children (5–13 years old) in a safe environment. You should be able to work one week during school term holidays and two weeks over January school holidays.
Skills and experience required for this role are:
- Right to work in NZ
- Empathy for children, their development, and their cultural background
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain certificate
- Hold a clean current New Zealand Drivers licence
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and under supervision across all cultures and ages
- Ability to use initiative in organising on-the-spot games and activities
- Reliable and honest
- Experience with childcare work preferred
Please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries, please call (07) 843 3810. Applications close 12 June 2021 at 5pm.