FULL TIME AND PART TIME SOCIAL WORKER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Great team environment
- Support with SWRB NZ registration and supervision
- A real opportunity to make a difference
- Hamilton Location
Shama, Ethnic Women’s Trust is seeking enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated Social Workers to deliver services that are culturally appropriate to ethnic women and their families. This includes advocacy and social support to families from varied cultural backgrounds that experience family violence or other social problems.
Our social workers will perform within the social work programme at Shama, carry a caseload, act as an advocate to assist ethnic women and their families, foster their inherent capacities and strengths while coping with the pressures of daily living that incorporate changes to their lifestyles. You will need to respond to the clients’ emotional and social needs in a prompt and timely fashion. Reporting to the Senior Social Worker for practice matters and to the Director in employment relation matters, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, coordinating, managing, and implementing assessments and support plans that would review resources within families or liaise with community resources that foster independent living skills.
- Referring clients to community services as needed, to help them achieve their goals.
- Maintaining accurate records on client database and managing data collection system.
- Networking and maintaining good relations with other service providers and stakeholders.
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing new programmes that address the need of our clients.
The key skills required for this role are:
- Recognised qualification in Social work by the Social Worker Registration Board (Final year students may apply)
- Registration with the Social Workers Registration Board New Zealand (SWRB NZ) or intention to Register with SWRB NZ.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, good judgement, and flexibility.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Full drivers Licence and Clean NZ Police checks.
Preference is given to those who have:
- Experience working with ethnic communities and understands the experiences of ethnic women from a range of backgrounds living in New Zealand.
- Experience in social service delivery to ethnic women and families
- Knowledge and understanding of family violence and related Legislation.
- Has the necessary immigration status and documentation to work in New Zealand.
- Ability to speak more than one language will be an advantage.
If you feel you fulfil the above requirements and are committed to our vision “For all ethnic women in New Zealand to achieve their aspiration as Mana Wahine, to be respected and recognised for their contribution to their whanau, communities and the wider New Zealand society”, please email your covering letter and CV to HR Coordinator email@example.com. We are reviewing applications as they are received. Applications open until the position is filled.
For any queries, please email HR Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 843 3810.
27 Beatty Street, Melville, Hamilton PO Box 4218 www.shama.org.nz