- Great team environment
- Flexible hours
- A real opportunity to make a difference
- Permanent, part time position ( 15hours p/w)
Shama, Hamilton Ethnic Women’s Centre Trust is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Support Worker to assist Social Workers to provide quality services to clients who access the services of Shama Hamilton Ethnic Women’s Centre . This includes ability to work within a team environment, responding to crisis intervention, meeting the aims and objectives of the organisation, supporting community clients and support peer workers.
Reporting to the Senior Social Worker for practice matters and to the Manager in employment relation matters, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing support plans developed by
- Advocating for clients
- Referring clients to community services as needed,
- to help them achieve their goals.
- Maintaining accurate records on the client database
. Networkingand maintaining goodrelations with other service providers and stakeholders.
The key skills required for this role are:
- Committed and passionate for supporting ethnic people to live great lives.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, good judgement
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Clean NZ Police checks
Preference is given to those who have:
- Experience working with ethnic communities.
- More than 1 language ability
- Experience of working with at risk families
If you feel you fulfil the above requirements and are committed to our vision “For all ethnic women in New Zealand to achieve their aspiration as Mana Wahine, to be respected and recognised for their contribution to their whanau, communities and the wider New Zealand society”, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
For any queries, please call (07) 843 3811. Application close 6th September at 5pm.