SOCIAL WORKER VACANCY
Shama, Hamilton Ethnic Women’s Centre Trust is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced Social Worker to promote services that are culturally appropriate to ethnic families. This includes advocacy and social support to families from varied cultural backgrounds that experience family violence or other social problems.
This is a permanent position in a vibrant and flexible work environment. Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the social work programme.
- Providing line management supervision when required.
- Developing, coordinating and implementing new programmes that address the need of our clients
- Maintaining accurate records on client database and managing data collection system.
- Networking and maintaining good relations with other service providers and stakeholders.
- Referring clients to community services as needed, to help them achieve their goals.
- Preparing and meeting KPIs and outcome based accountability reports for quality standard approval to Government and Community funders
- Planning, coordinating, managing and implementing assessments and support plans that would review resources within families or liaise with community resources that foster independent living skills.
The key skills required for this role are:
- Bach. of Social Work with at least 3 years experience
- Current social worker registration
- Experience working with ethnic communities.
- Experience of working with at risk families
- Knowledge and understanding of family violence and related Legislation.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, good judgement and flexibility.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Full NZ drivers Licence
- Clean NZ Police checks
If you feel you fulfil the above requirements and are committed to our vision “For all ethnic women in New Zealand to achieve their aspiration as Mana Wahine, to be respected and recognised for their contribution to their whanau, communities and the wider New Zealand society”, please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries, please call (07) 843 3811. Application close 7th of December at 5pm.